View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 03:54 AM   #1
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Shake Down Trip a Success

Picked-up our 3400 Montana Friday 12-8, The PDI went well and the Service Tech. was very helpfull and informative. The only problem was screws missing out of the top door hindge on the Pantry. Spent over 2 hours going over it. We set it up for an out of state delivery in Nevada, they had it taken to Sam's Town in Las Vegas for us even though it was origanly set to be delivered at Stateline.

The equipment and decore was what we expected, regular TV, Black Door Frig. light carpet and dark hardware. Over all the interior is appealing. When checking out the basement I noticed it has an outlet and TV hook-up with a 12v plug on the ceiling just inside and to the left. I am thinking in the future I will move this to the exterior as it is under the awning and would make a convient place for my outside TV.

During our weekend everything worked fine. No leaks or other problems except the souround sound system, could on get one rear speaker to work. It's OK because I am taking my system from the house and putting it in the Montana, along with a rewire of speakers.

When we left I could not beleive how easy it towed. It was easy to get use to and now I have now real problems towing it, only ran over 4 curbs. In the winds it was very stable, and went up and down the mountains great. I guess I got the right combination with the F-350 Long Bed and the tow commmad package. The Tow/Haul mode on the transmission made it easy to handle steep roads.

This week we are home and showing it off to friends and family then off to Stockton over the weekend to pick-up Carolyn's mother. We are taking the Montana and have reservations at an RV park in French Camp.

Over a year of looking and research finally paid off. For my money this is the best value in a 5th wheel. We can't wait to get on the road full time with it. Hope to be out of the stick house this spring.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote