View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 04:54 PM   #112
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
As an admin of a computer tech forum that has a global member base, there are many instances of expression being interpreted in different ways. It is almost hard to comprehend until you see it in action.
What is matter of fact for some is an insult to others because of different cultures and the way ideas are expressed.
At least in this forum we are on the same continent, and I would assume largely English speaking as the native language. Certainly we do have different cultures, backgrounds, and our own nuances in communicating.
Such a broad base of experience we have, experts in many different fields, and we all have our own experiences to draw from and share with others. There is so much good here.
I have learned a ton since being active and I appreciate reading of others experiences. I may not always agree, but continue to read with an open mind and hopefully will learn a few things.
I definitely agree with HomeOnTheRoad in regard to respect and tact. You don't always have to agree (discussion is what forums are for), but treating others with respect and using a little tact in posting goes a long ways. Being able to share differing opinions while keeping things positive is a real key to further participation.
There - the kid threw in his two pennies...

Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote