View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 07:30 AM   #42
GHallof
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25098
For as crappy as this topic is. I have to say all of the comments are interesting for sure. The creativity on the many ways to deal black tank waste is impressive. I purchased and tried some happy camper this weekend. Jury is still out and a bit more time will tell I'm sure.

One thing I did notice from a number of posts was that if these systems are operating properly there should be no odor as they are vented. I agree to a point. However, this weekend while trying the new happy camper I think I figured out why (not miraculous for sure) many get a whiff out of the tank.

Its hot out. The black tank gets hot. The ingredients are doing their thing waiting to be dumped. You finish your business and flush. Next thing ya know, you get a blast of this most awful smell, so thick you can chew it. Here's the reason...Your automatic fan is on and set so high that its draft pulls the odor back into the bathroom.

Again not a miraculous discovery, but I laughed like heck when it happened this weekend to me and I realized that because of this thread I was paying more attention because of what I read.

I really want to thank everyone on here for all the contributions of information...Even the stinky ones!!!
2017 3661RL
GHallof is offline   Reply With Quote