View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 05:52 PM   #14
lopshan61

M.O.C. #25707
385BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Sue and Al View Post
We love most of the details on this unit.
Wanting some feedback from those of you that have made the jump.

1. Seems to have very minimal storage in the kitchen. My wife feels like it would be very difficult to cook with what storage is available. What has your experience been?

2. Surprised by the cheap woodwork in the units. Our current and previous units have been solid wood cabinetry and trim. I understand that the Legacy models have upgraded stiles and trim. Is it substantially different? We will be living in the unit for as much as 6 months a year and plastic is not the way we want to live. Yes, this is personal preference. Looking for some feedback on this also.

Sue and Al,
Welcome to the forum. We upgraded to the 385BR this past January from a 36' travel trailer. For me, I wanted a couch I could lay down on, check. I needed a kitchen with more than 1 outlet, check. We wanted recliners, check. We love the darkening shades, when they are down, you cannot see inside the unit, even with all the lights on. We wanted a mid-bunk unit so when the grandchild and father was visiting, they could have thier own room and not be disturbed when wake early in the morning. The bonus room we soon realized could actually double as an office when/ifwe decide to go full time. We like the pantry, while some think it is small, perfect for us. Same with the coffee bar. We needed more counter space than what we had and so far this unit delivers for our needs. My wife wasn't sure about the island location with respect to the stove, but after being in the unit she loves it because everything is literally right at her fingertips from the sink to the drawers to the stove. As far as storage goes, to me it is deceiving as we have found room for everything we have and i love to cook. I use the space above the tv for most of the big kitchen appliances we want to use. The bathroom shower has plenty of water pressure and I have not had a need to take navy showers as the 12 gallon water heater provides plenty of water so far. the heat/AC/heat pump combo has worked well and back in Feb when temps were in the high 30's we maintained 70 plus in the unit. the outdoor fridge/kitchen area works well and I like how the unit connects into the lp gas, so no need for an external bottle. Garage storage has enough room for everything we carry and I am looking to add a slide out tv in the near future since the unit is already set up for it. I like the control center as all the hookups are out of the weather and this unit has one of the easiest setups for winterizing that I have come across so far. The unit also is prepped for onboard generator and washer dryer...future upgrades. the 6 point leveling can be challenging, however, I am learning and once the computer know where level is, it seems to work just fine. One thing I have learned though is auto levelers do have limitations, so know that going in if you don't have any experience with them. While it may not have the some of the hardwood features you are looking for, we are extremely happy with this unit and our biggest problem is not being able to get out and spend enough time in it. Hopes this helps
lopshan61 is offline   Reply With Quote