View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
The numbers are right on the unit if this thing supports 7500 peak watts since you really only need 5000 running watts.

I don't know why the 5000 watt generator didn't work but it should have been able to support your two A/C units (while very close). Do a search in this forum for capacitors that you can attach to the A/Cs to lessen the spike and minimize the impact on lesser powered generators. But I guess if you want to live in the rig during power outages you'll want as big of a generator to lessen power concerns.

I have friends who have Champions because they are very inexpensive but they use them for industrial work (power tools and radios, nothing sensitive). The big concern is how clean is the power graph on this unit for sensitive electronics like computers, big screens and other very high tech devices. The other is portability. I hope it has a wheel kit and some handles. This would probably require me to use my ramps to get it around from the store to your house.

Thanks for bringing this up. I'll check this one out just for grins.

On Edit: It looks very promising for your needs from the reviewer's comments. That thing is a beast and weighs over 220 lbs! Another example of the word "portable" just by adding wheels and a handle LOL! For that price and temporary usage it sounds like it's worth a shot. If you get one, you'll have to let us know how it does. Please find a way to secure it. Portable generators have a terrible reputation of being "taken for a one-way walk" and never to return.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote