View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 07:13 PM   #14
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiallen View Post
Thank you again.

Excellent on the Generator's size working.
Interesting on the solar. I ordered it to get the "starter kit" with the inverter and outlets, before doing much research. If we start setting up in the sun, more roof solar panels will be in order, and it seems a larger MPPT control setup. Thanks on the portable issue, but Renology 200 A panel vs suitcase is not much $ difference, unless I messed up. $329 with charge controller, which I wouldn't need up to 30A of the Jaboni.

Interesting on the Lithium charging, I thought .5c is the recommended charge rate, ie 150A for 300A of Lithium. Battleborn says this:
Our recommended charge rate is 50 amps per 100 Ah battery in your system. For example, if your charger is 20 amps and you need to charge an empty battery, it will take 5 hours to reach 100%.

Trying to learn, not make an argument. If you recommend less, I understand. Owning a system vs selling batteries can make one's point of view different.

Allen
I might have misspoke. .5C is fine, but .4C, .3C, .2C will all yield longer battery lives. At .5C 10 years is still probable as long as you don't abuse them in other ways (overheating is the worst) I used to have 400AH and 170A theoretical so .425C but now I have 600AH and replacing solar with better panels, 6 x 180W for an additional 70 amps in theory. Total then is 190A or .32C.
I modified the RV main power panel by moving a couple wires, removing the converter and now power 1/2 the panel with a 3,000W inverter. What is left out is 1-spare, 2-Fireplace, 3-Water Heater Electric, 4-Washer, 5-Dryer, 6-MBR AC. If we need any of those items while boondocking then hooking up one or two of my Honda EU2000's will be fine. I have the ability to control the amount of power on the inverter and non-inverter legs plus an extra 20A or 2,400W from the batteries. Normally none of those items are needed for the 5 days out of 7 we plan on boondocking.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote