View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #10
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
John,
Here is an excerpt from that thread a while back. I searched for it to but it was posted back in NOV 2006 so it might not be available on the website any longer. This should give you some information on how to do the mod. All the info might not be applicable to your specific rig. I did th mod about 3 months ago and am really liking the convenience of having the switch inside. Hope the info helps.

"If You go in to the basement under the bedroom slide, you can take the paneling off the rear side of the basement wall (4 screws) and that should expose your hot water tank. I would cut the 120v AC wire going to the HW tank and put a junction box in. After putting the junction box in, join the white wires back together and the Copper ground wires back together (inside the junction box). Then run a new 12/2 loomix wire from the junction box to where ever you want the switch. In the junction box hook the black 12/2 wire to one of the back wires you already have in the box, and the white 12/2 wire to the other black wire going to the HW tank. also attach the 12/2 ground wire to the ground wires in the junction box. Now the other end of the 12/2 wire can be hooked up to your switch. Black to one side, white to the other. Oh ya hook the ground wire to the ground on the switch. Also I would buy a 20 amp switch, 15 amp might be a little light. If in doubt get a electrician. Hope this is a little clearer than mud. Good luck."

If you need more info e-mail me and I can send you the entire thread.

Jack