View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #13
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ojocky View Post
My 2005 does not have the transfer switch or gen prep. I have been extremely pleased with my unit. Where did you put your inverter Mel B?
I have all the componets mounted in the basement. The romex cable is right there so it's so convenent to wire to the entire coach, I also installed a "shut off" switch for my progressive Dynamics converter, so it's off and not trying to charge the battey's from 110v created by the inverter. I removed the two 12 volt deep cycle battery's and their boxes, then I bought two new battery boxes (Interstate battery sells the best boxes I've ever seen)and installed air vents through top and bottom of each battery box and wired the 4 6volt batterys to a Perko switch so I can run 1 or both battery banks. The C/C and the inverter/charger are both mounted on the back wall of the basement. I know they say not to mount the inverter in the same compartment as "WET BATTERY'S" but with my boxes are sealed and with the air vent system I installed to both battery boxes, I don't have a problem mounting them next to each other. All my cables are Welding cables, and the two from the Batterys to the inverter are equal lengths 18" all my components are "RENOGY" and I could not be happier.