Thread: 2020 Pricing
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 11:01 PM   #29
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
We purchased our 2019 3791RD Legacy with Full Body Paint in Sept of 2019, however we purchased it used it had an MSRP of $110K, sold for in Dec of 2018 $86K I bought it for $58K and it still had a few months warranty left (Note: 1st ownership warranty is transferable to 2nd owner). Look at the loss the original owner took, and I purchased from a dealer so they made profit also.

With that said I had negotiated a new 2019 3791 (non Legacy) to $57K (delivered from South Dakota to Seattle, this was Sept 2019) but decided for same $$$ as the new the used had the legacy package and Full Body Paint (about $15K in options). Considering the dealer cost did not change much in the last year you should expect to easily buy a 2020 under 60K but not until Aug or Sept.

Ours was barely used by the previous owner in fact we cannot tell if it was even slept in. I will tell you this I would NEVER buy a new Montana ours just got out of jail, it sat at the dealer for 3.5 months waiting for warranty the hold up was not the dealer but it was Keystone slow to ship parts needed. Buy one that someone else dealt with the warranty delays...

I would buy 1 or 2 year old model where likely the warranty bugs have been worked out and most of the initial depreciation has been absorbed by the 1st owner. Yes new is nice but the value hit is huge.

Also after having the Legacy Package and FBP I would not own a non Legacy. Also the non Legacy's do not have Disc Brakes which is a game changer, Plan for about $3K to have those installed it is not a matter of If but when.

Good Luck

I also bought a beautiful 4 month old Montana Legacy. Yes MOST of the warranty transfers, except the roof 10 yr and the flooring. Which didn't change anything for me, just FYI. Got the info from Keystone personally.

Mark