Thread: Digital TVs
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 03:30 AM   #2
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Mike I think it is a mixed bag. I can tell you that this past winter where I usually go they had already switched to digital. The picture was near HD quality. What a difference from previous years. This was just off the batwing antenna. I have now added the Winegard Wingman and that helps also in certain areas.

Now with that said I have noticed that the signal direction appears to be more sensitive. Otherwise it appears you need to have the antenna pointed at the source more direct on. This can really be noticed if the tv station transmitters are at different ends of town.

Also I think fringe areas are more of a problem to receive any signal at all. You may not get a signal at all where as before you may have gotten a signal.

I use a dish and am ok with that. If I am someplace where I can get the locals over the air I will use them sometimes. Probably most of us with dishes be it Directv or Dish Network probably would not give them up. Although with 300 channels sometimes there is nothing on to watch. I still find plenty of time to read and enjoy that also.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote