View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 07:20 AM   #19
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by margerush View Post
Thank you Dave, I had planned to stay @ Timberland Acres in Trenton, until I read that
I-95 had low bridges. I guess RV trip wizard was telling me underpasses are only 10'. Just have to be careful getting on/off interstate.

Interstates have to have 13'6" minimum overpasses and I-95 is a main route through Maine to New Brunswick and Atlantic Canada for commercial trucking.

The nice thing about Timberland Acres is the proximity to Acadia/Cadillac Mountain plus the Schoodic Peninsula of Acadia. It also is close to shopping/fuel in Ellsworth and the Union River Lobster Pot restaurant which is a great Maine Coast eatery and mostly a locals place. Sites 212 -218 have been our favorites.

If you get to Lubec, there is a Sunset Point CG there too - which we do not much care for though they are the only show in town if you want to go over the bridge to FD Roosevelt's Campobello Island - need your passport as it is in New Brunswick.

If you decide to make a pilgrimage to LL Bean, we like the Freeport/Durham KOA. Cedar Haven CG nearby is nice but anything over about 35 feet can be a problem we found after having to back out 2-300 yards when we left KOA at Saco (a few miles from Old Orchard Beach) isn't too bad either unless you get a site near US-1, We now prefer Kittery Trading Post over Bean but Kittery TP doesn't have the mystique but does have Bob's Clam Shack and a great seafood lunch that you can walk to from Kittery TP parking lot.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote