View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 01:34 PM   #150
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster100 View Post
Don't weigh because I don't care, its an RV and therefore exempt from the regulations that restrict commercial applications. You drive by the scales, Why ? Because they don't give a rats arse about RV's for the most part.

If it doesn't look safe on the road, I'm pretty sure you are getting pulled over...

Way too much worry and fretting over weights..... A few hundred lbs over on pin weight matters how ???

Everyone quoting safety ????

Really........... I can license my 2500hd or my 3500hd to haul a way more weight under commercial applications, just pay the man and away you go....

They care about commercial application weights because they want your money !

RV's are not YET Commercially restricted but many on this site and others seem to get the two confused.

I don't care when I hook up to my RV, I do care when I hook up to a tandem or dual axle flat bed trailer with a backhoe or dozer or a bunch of ATV's on it as I then fall into the Commercial application...

OMG its like a bunch of baby's fighting over rattles on this weight and dually vs SRW is ue.

Bottom line if you want a dually buy a dually, if you want a SRW buy an SRW its different strokes for different folks, what works for me may not for you but quit jamming your philosophy and your particular needs down everyone's throats...

If you don't have to worry about the Commercial regs and will be towing an RV then don't let the weights bother you much, today most of these 2500 & 3500 trucks will do the job just fine. You drive on by the scales as if they aren't even there, try it in the same truck with a tri-axle or tandem flatbed loaded and see how far ya get.....
I don’t think folks are talking weight so much from a what’s legal viewpoint but rather from a what is safe outlook at least on this 5th wheel RV forum. Considering that most of the folks towing 5th campers are not commercial professional drivers I think it is very wise for them to seek advise on what is REASONABLY SAFE.

Anyone seeking advice on here deserves to get it. That’s the main purpose of the forum is it not?
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys