View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 04:58 PM   #15
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
MidMoTravler said "The best part is Dish has an app and you change locations with it and 10 minutes later your watching local channels from nearby."

I have Dish with a Tailgater also. What is the app you use to accomplish this without calling Dish to switch to local channels? I have MyDish app and I have found a "wake up my receivers" under "Services" and "DISH Outdoors" - but I have never found a page in the app that lets me switch the locals by (say) changing the zip code to my new location. In fact the DISH service center told me I could not do that via the app or internet, and the only way to get local channels switched was to call the 800 number. I would love to know how you do it...I don't like listening to 8 minutes (and more) of that music while on hold.
I depends on how your account is set up. If you pay ahead, you don’t have that ability yet. I have found the easiest way to change areas for local channel viewing is to log in to your account and use the Chat feature. A couple minutes back and forth with the chat and you are good to go. Just tell them as part of the conversation that you are in an RV and you only want your service address changed but not your billing address. I have also discovered that the Dish site does not play nice with the Firefox browser so I have to use the Microsoft browser instead.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote