View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 03:45 PM   #10
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
While Glenn says motorhome sales are down, and towables are on the rise, I just thought I would pass this along from RV news, But I'm sure Keystone is doing ok since it doesnt have motorhomes..

The latest Fleetwood preliminary results - 1st quarter fiscal 2008 - give an overall 3% decrease in revenue since the same period last year.

Motorhome sales however were up: Motor home revenues improved by 22 percent to about $274 million from $225 million in the same period a year ago.

But - travel trailer sales - were down 48 percent to approximately $64 million compared with $122 million in the prior year, while folding trailer sales were off 8 percent to $22 million from $24 million in last year's first quarter.

It does'nt matter whos right or wrong, We all know that RV'ing is not going to be what it has been in the pass, unless two things happens (IMO) and that is fuel drops quiet alot, OR we all hit the lottery .

almost forgot this... I know every one knows Jason Lippert...

According to recent dealer surveys, inventories of towable RVs have declined since last year at this time, but are still higher than dealers prefer in light of reduced demand. As a result, RV dealers are reducing their orders for new RVs from our customers," said Abrams. "With the continuing economic downturn affecting consumer discretionary purchases, and tight credit markets, we are expecting a soft RV market in the coming months."

Drew's RV segment reported sales of $124 million in the 2008 first quarter, a decrease of 4 percent from the $129 million of sales reported in the comparable period in 2007. During the same period, there was an 8 percent decline in industry-wide wholesale shipments of travel trailers and fifth wheel RVs, including a 14 percent decline in March. Wholesale shipments of motorhomes, components for which represent 3 percent of Drew's RV segment sales, were down 25 percent in the first quarter of 2008.

Recent acquisitions added approximately $4 million to RV segment sales this quarter, offset by a sharp decline in specialty trailer sales due to an industry-wide decline in sales of small boats, particularly on the West Coast. "While we're disappointed with the recent contraction of the boat trailer market, we have improved efficiencies in these operations through facility consolidations and cost reductions, and we anticipate sales growth and better profitability in this product line when these markets eventually recover as consumer confidence improves," said Jason Lippert, President and CEO of Drew's Lippert Components subsidiary.
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote