View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 10:08 AM   #28
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Chris,

The Isolator does help with the front to back movement. ON really bad roads, there is still some movement, in which case we slow down and/or move into another lane of traffic. I have said this a few other times on the forum, you will never see this couple drag another 5er down the road without some kind of Isolator, Trailair, something.

We used to have a lot of movement of the gear inside the rig, specially in the rear of the 5er, the Isolator, new shocks and the work on the axels, and now there is almost NO movement of gear in the 5er. Even on the worst roads we hit this last winter, about 5,000 towing miles, we only had movement on 2 days, one was minimal, the other was a bit more, that said, if we did not have Isolator and good shocks, I am VERY sure that the movement of the gear inside would have been tremendous!!

The Isolator has a air bag and a huge shock absorber. I would suggest you get on the web sites and look at them, or call them and have them send you brochures, or whatever they have. Look at all your solutions. No one is right for everyone. It depends on your $$, and your lifestyle, just like everything else in this RV field.

Good luck with your decision. As far as comparing to the others, we no can do, as we have never had any experience with the others, only can tell you, we love the Isolator, a bit hard to hook up, there is a funny angle involved, but worth all those extra minutes of hooking up for a SMOOOOTHHHHHH ride!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote