View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Sounds fair, and I could have filled the post with other links saying similar things, not just from Discount Tire, but I selected that one because it included quotes from tire manufacturers representative, not to endorse Discount or America's Tire - maybe I should mentioned it's not an endorsement and that would have helped since some of us might not like them. This is a forum that allows many opinions based on personal experience and historical facts.

My purpose was to provide the information. Admittedly, I have learned a lot from the MOC and sometimes this information has conflicted with what I was told, taught and recommended. In fact, pick a Topic and there will be opposite opinions based on each member's experiences all over these forums.

In my post I did not say not to do it, in fact I recognized that some members recommend larger or heavier rated tires. In other topics I have also posted my admission of concerns when I did something "not recommended" and got both support and non-support, but the overall decision is still the member's.

Upon reading the original topic maybe I did not fall into the "(anybody else)" category and should have left it at that. That said, I personally have not had 100% luck with even Michelin and Bridgestone even though others have sworn by them. We are all prejudiced by our experiences and are sometimes tempted to provide information that is asked even when it's contradictory to common opinion.

The above text is my opinion and not the stance of the FORUM or any of its members as all posts from others should be treated. Thanks for your understanding.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote