Thread: I Need Advice!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 06:47 AM   #14
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
I need to check, but I THINK it is this month's Trailer Life magazine where someone shared a "do it yourself" idea for exactly what you are talking about...they went to Walmart bought a 5 gallon water tank; used a waste hose and attached it to the opening of the water tank with a pipe clamp, the other end had the "normal" end for putting into a dump station. I am planning to try that idea as my "thing" is grey water for showers when we are at state parks with just dump stations. I really don't want to spring more than $100 for something I will not be using with great frequency, nor do I really want to use a lot of basement storage space for one. (Okay, its a bigger issue for Doug than me about the storage thing, but I DO try to humor him occassionally! LOL)

Don't want to turn this into a how long you can go without dumping thread, but I would like to have some additional options IF the grey water tank does fill up wherever I am that doesn't have a sewer hook up. (I have a private bath/shower for a reason and I am NOT in the military and don't like those get wet, turn off water, soap up, rinse off showers...that's MY story and I'm sticking to it! LOL) I am thinking/hoping that this above is a viable option for us. I'll look for the magazine and let you know which one it is (I do recall that they have a website for the magazine so you could see the particulars there, once I can share the actual magazine title with you.)

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote