View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 05:39 PM   #38
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Rich,

I agree. But unfortunately - and I don't mean to be argumentative -- there are people who make comments like Steve and Dan - it hasn't hurt me so far, so it probably never will. If they aren't aware of the true limitations of the 3400RL then they wont know the risks they are taking with themselves, their families and other innocent people on the highways until its too late!

With little margin in a number of "spec" areas, and with a fairly low carrying capacity, the 3400RL IS fairly easy to unknowingly overload. That's the reason rv.net says it is unsafe.

In Montana's defense, they have perhaps properly "speced" the unit and thus have made the public aware. But none the less, the uninformed public will likely overload the unit - especially if they decide to add the 600# hi-gloss fiberglass option. And by monitoring other areas of this site, many believe the only way to go is with this hi-gloss option.

I like the 3400 design. But I also wish to have the hi-gloss option. Unfortunately, I am going on record to say that anyone who purchases the 3400RL with this option is looking to trouble, or just simply ignorant of what they are doing.

Help us out here, Montana. The 3400RL is a nifty layout - now make it safe!!
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote