Thread: Hello all!
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 04:32 AM   #7
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
We went through a similar situation with the "predatory lending" phase of the late 90s thru the mid 2000s. We lost two houses at the same time (long story) to two different mortgage companies. Through attorneys and extreme perseverance we were able to fight back and have all foreclosure and negative references related to both instances (separate instances) totally erased from our credit records - along with nominal cash stipends. All was negotiated out of court. The first one by an attorney, the second one by myself.

I know what you and tens of thousands of Americans went through as regulators turned a blind eye to one of this country's biggest financial con games in it's history. We could have stayed with it and potentially (and several years later) been awarded six to seven figures for what they did to us (in one case specifically). We were in contact around the country with people in situations similar to us that were successful in doing this. However, we just wanted our credit history straightened out and we felt it was important for us to move on with our life.

Within a year we were able to fire up our dream again and we started thinking of fulltiming. Within a year of hitting rock bottom, and through a huge amount of determination, on July 20th of 2006, we pulled our new 2007 3400 RL up in front of our small upstairs apartment and moved our lives into a FT mode.

After 2 yrs of FTing, we now have a very nice, but modest, home next to a beautiful lake in N. Mich near our grandchildren and we come to Florida in our Montana from Oct to April and Cheryl and I enjoy working part time at Disney during this time. We enjoy our “longtime” lifestyle.

We are not wealthy and you will always have speed bumps in life. However, one can persevere though this adversity. I can share with you that in our case a very strong reliance on Faith was instrumental in getting us through.

Good luck in your journey toward your dream, MidnightWolf. You can achieve your goal. Another key is this forum. We were members of the MOC for a full year before we picked up our 3400. The info and friendships gained in that time frame was invaluable beyond description.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote