View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 06:09 AM   #18
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:

"Forgot to mention
The internet thing has changed the way people shop. I've heard small dealerships say again and again that they can't compete with volume dealers and their factory incentives. Granted a buyer shows up on the lot to touch, look, and dicker ... when it gets down to the final numbers he just whips out his tablet and shows a volume dealers web price and says "can you do better?"

That is exactly the process as it plays out many, many times. When we talk trailers during and after the shows numerous people will say "well I saw x trailer at their show but I can get it online from x dealer located here x". So the local dealer supplied the showroom and expense to shop but in many cases won't get the sale as a reward for his efforts and that doesn't pay the bills.

With our last purchase we did the reverse and used the internet to shop for what we wanted and then took that to our local dealer to order. Yes, his price was about $2500. higher but they give us on site service with their road service for as long as we keep buying from them and we WANT to keep them in business.

When I say we did it in reverse I mean our local dealer didn't have a 3610 in stock. We used the internet and other dealer's websites to view the interior and features online and relied on two thorough hands on reviews provided by members right here on the forum. When the unit finally arrived and we got to look at it that was the first time we had a chance to actually feel and touch that model. Of course it was our 4th Montana, we new what we were getting!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote