View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Do you think that they were trying to sell a gas Motor?? The comparison gas vs diesel is senseless, It is an apples /oranges comparison. Better fuel mileage. If my primary concern in rv'ing was MPG I would as I have said before , still be towing a pop up with a Ford Ranger. My 4 banger Honda civic got better MPG than Helen's V-6 Honda Accord.. senseless comparison. Gas is more available than diesel..well of course it is, another senseless comparison however when fueling with one of these things behind you it is difficult finding a station that you can into and out of without a struggle gas or diesel. Gas motors cost less than diesels..who would have thunk.(there are many that wonder why they do?) You get more on trade in with a diesel....duhhh. We will get more on trade on our V-6 Honda Accord than our 4 banger Honda Civic..another senseless comparison.
A diesel ..motor will last much longer than a gas motor...another ..who would have thunk..of course they will..they are designed to..However at 100k miles or so the truck is most likely worn out..not the motor..the truck. Most rv'ers trade in the TV when the Warranty expires, I personally have never owned a TV with 100K miles.What I gather from the Gas vs diesel arguement is that I should get the diesel because it gets better MPG and I can get more on a trade in and here I was going to buy one because it best served my towing needs..silly me. My V-10 has pulled this 3400 everywhere I pointed it without a problem.Which is exactly what I wanted it to do when I purchased it. Our travel and towing needs have changed and we will, i hope, get the diesel..because it best serves our all over needs.nothing else..Now that you want a Gas or diesel for no other reason than..well..you just want it..that is a good thing.. I, so says Helen, have plenty of things that I don't need..but just had to have them...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote