View Single Post
Old 10-30-2022, 02:01 PM   #24
Harry100

M.O.C. #26384
Don't try it with an F250...

We have a 2020 295 RL and tow it with an 2019 F250. Before purchasing the duo, I made a spreadsheet comparing the specifications from the truck and the specs from the trailer. The calculation said that everything would work, that I was within the recommendation maximums. Once I was on the road, I had issues with the death wobble on the truck as well as bouncing on grooved road surfaces. Ford provided a new front steering damper under warranty, and I installed a Roadmaster Active Suspension system (not air bags and easy to install) on the truck. I have had no issues since. The point here is that even when inside the specifications, you could be marginal and experience significant issues. Your trailer is larger than mine. I would be concerned about towing it with anything under 1 ton.

I used airbags on my tow behind trailer with an older F250. The airbags were sufficient to lift the back of the truck, but they did nothing to address towing quality. Knowing that bounce is triggered by the rear suspension, I installed the Roadmasters. Also, the truck bed raised about an inch, and now rides level now.
Harry100 is offline   Reply With Quote