View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 07:41 AM   #32
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I know others have added platforms on the rear of their campers, and had a platform that worked well on my previous travel trailer. But on my Montana, I ruled the platform completely out for a couple reasons.

First, the length of this beast makes the rear end extremely bouncy. I wouldn't want to subject my generators to that kind of bouncing.

Second, when I attached the platform, it blocked my rear baggage door and my ladder. I keep all my lumber, electric cords, extra jack pads, and everything I use to set up the trailer (outside) in that cubby. Adding the platform would mean I'd have to remove everything on it before I could open that hatch door. Um.... that was just too much extra work.

I make a license plate holder, attached it to a shaft of a hitch, slide that into the receiver and just display my little vanity plate that says, "Love Shack 2" instead. It's completely out of the way. and that hitch helps support my electric cord so there's not so much weight dangling on the plug-in. (it works for me).

I never used the platform on the Montana because of that. Actually, I ended up giving it away.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote