View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #7
2Shays20
Established Member

M.O.C. #13927
Thanks for the input, first time hauling in a good rainstorm. Kept speed lower and had quite a few big rigs pass with lots of spray behind. Water was clear without any odor so I was sure it was rain water from the road, not the tanks. Campsite was really soggy and had ruts where I had backed in. Level up system is great in the rain! Set it and go inside until the storm passes. I was still soaked through a wind breaker. My biggest concern was the noisy regulator. Thought for sure it was the CO detector at 3AM until I slipped down the stairs and the sound was less noticeable. Found the sound by putting my hand on the gas line in the front storage compartment and felt a vibration matching the sound. Do all regulators squawk? I generally thought they hissed like my BBQ grill. Of course our regulator is below the bed on DW side and she wanted the sound to go away. Good thing the G Ret between us kept us warm as I turned the furnace off until morning. Spookiest part of the night is that there was someone walking their dog in the park at 3AM and we scared the daylights out of each other as I came out from the front of the rig. Not sure which one of us jumped the most! Oh well, makes a funny campfire story.
2Shays20 is offline   Reply With Quote