View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 07:16 AM   #16
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HelloFreedom.us

You also asked this:

>>> And just a second thought. You did not somehow turn the switch to bypass the water heater did you?

I do not know of any other switch than the one to turn on the water heater outside which I assumed was for lighting the pilot light on the propane, so it sounds like we did not know what this was for after all.

This does not sound like a DIY job. Or does it?

Brett
I am speaking from the viewpoint of my '07, so your '05 may be different.

On mine there is a large switch in the outside convenience center (where water hookups are) that is labeled water heater bypass. Turning that switch operates a valve that bypasses water around the water heater.

As for the propane switch, mine is located on a wall panel at the steps going into the bedroom. There are two switches, one for the water pump and one for the water heater (propane). When the WH is operating on propane you can definitely hear the burner firing when outside.

As for DIY. Troubleshooting and repairing the heating element and/or hi temp cutoff is not a complicated task. BUT. It does require a good understanding of and being comfortable with troubleshooting electric circuits. Can be dangerous if not careful. There have been some earlier postings about the process.

Maybe someone who has or had an '05 model can verify my statements.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote