View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 08:22 AM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I don't have 6v but I've also heard that the 6v are different dimensions than 12v so that the 12v battery box won't fit them anyway so just plopping a 6v into the existing battery box and adding a second box for the other 6v would probably not work either.

Someone with 6v batteries should be able to verify that a 6v battery might require different boxes altogether. I've read posts where some owners rebuild boxes to fit the new 6v batteries.

You must get two and tie them in series to satisfy 12v. Then be careful that if you add a second "bank", or two more 6v batteries in series, that these are connected parallel to the first bank. The wiring must be done right in order that the banks are connected and used equally. If not, there's a chance one bank gets more load than the other and then there are problems I won't cover here.

Then there's accommodating for size and knowing these will probably be heavier. In my case, if I go this route and I have rig weight considerations, I must be conscious of this. Just sayin'. But I hear it's worth the effort.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote