Old 09-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #11
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 1retired06

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bethandkevin

I am not a multiple unit buyer like many here, but if memory serves me correctly(and it may well be failing), MSRP on our unit as shown at the RV show was $108,000.00 and I thought that was ridiculous. We ordered exactly what we wanted and left little out. We came in 46%-47% under that at the sale table. I have nothing to compare that to at other dealers. We thought the price offered was one we could not pass up. Later, when it seemed we might no get our unit in time for a planned trip, I looked at other dealers for a stock unit. I could not find a unit as well equipped as ours for any where near what our sales price was. Dealers I checked were the big guys like Lakeshore, Tiara and American(I think). All were at least $10,000.00 over what we had signed on. I felt much better about our purchase and waited it out for delivery. That was in April 2012 and I continue to believe we got a stellar deal. Could be because it was a show deal, or because we ordered, I don't know. I'm sure there are certain times that it is better to buy off the lot also, but then the units that are left are not likely the "choice" units. We chose to order to get exactly the unit we wanted and not settle for what was available. The main option for us was dual pane windows. You just don't see many on the lots with them.
$108K for a 2013 3402 regardless of options seems unrealistically high to me. You cannot always go by what the dealer says is the MRSP, unless they show you the delivery invoice which they will not.
As I said, I thought it ridiculous as well. I tend to believe MSRP's would be inflated at a show any how. However, MSRP had nothing to do with feeling we got a good deal. As Rich puts it, we got a lot of bang for our buck we thought.
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote