View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 11:51 PM   #14
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

I am planning to purchase the Flojet 18555 unit and dump into the sewer cleanout at the house. For those of you who already do this, did you install adapters to create the proper hose fitting at the cleanout? This is what I plan to do to keep things sealed.

Art we do not have any adapters at our home installation. We do not plan to leave the Flojet hooked up all the time. We will just hook and unhook it as needed. You sound as if you plan to leave your Flojet attached all the time. In which case an adapter would make sense.

A good quality 3/4" is also in the plan to run the 30 or so feet from the trailer sewer outlet to the cleanout at the stickhouse. Does this sound like what I should be doing?

We are currently at our daughter's place near Chicago and did purchase a 75 foot 3/4 inch hose. I couldn't find a 50 footer. Camping World has some adapters for just what you are planning to do. Your plan sounds feasible.

Since I have a wide driveway and the rig is parked at the outside edge farthest from the stickhouse, I'll also need to get a "runner" to protect the hose from being driven over. But this means the trailer is 100% usable as "extra quarters" (full hookups, including sewer). Next on the plan is to have 50 amp shore powered installed for when we get our 2nd A/C. For now, it's parallel Honda EU2000s, since the garage only provides 20 amp at best and I can't run the A/C in that case.

We did install a 50 amp connection to where we park the rig while at home. But we did this primarily for any 50 amp visitors we might have stopping by. At our daughters place we have only a 20 amp connection and find that we can run our one and only A/C without any problems. We do have to remember to watch our power load very carefully so as not to blow the circuit. So far so good. We've only blown it once. DW forgot and turned on hair dryer while A/C was on.

You should have no problems with what you have planned. Good luck. Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote