View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 03:44 AM   #12
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by et2

We keep our camper at the campground all summer.We will be leaving it plugged into the power post to keep the refridgerator running. I know the fridge circuit need 12v power to run. Can the battery be disconnected? I'm afraid it will cook the battery. Or does the convertor stop charging the battery when it has a full charge? We have a 2009 3665RE.
Don't Disconnect anything, Keep it plugged into the CGs power. Before leaving, Check the batteries water level and if needed refill with distilled water, NOT DRINKING WATER. Being you have a 2009 unit I doubt the battery will need any water. I have a 2007 and I top off my batteries about every 6 to 8 months and even than they take very little water

Two to three weeks at a time is nothing compared to 24/7/365. Yes we do live in ours but that changes nothing. We are still plugged into CG power and we still have our fridge on 12V. The convertor maintains the battery just fine.
Now I am not saying the convertor can't up and die but I will say that is very unlikely. In nearly 6 years of fulltiming we have never had a converter problem muchless a failed converter.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote