View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

You can get both East and West coast DNS feeds. You just have to be strong and willing to pay extra for both feeds. We have had them for quite some time now.......
Actually Phil, the FCC changed the game last year. New subscribers can only get one of the East/West DNS feeds and it will be the one closest to their residence (I assume at time of install for a mobile account). You (and I) are "grandfathered" in the DNS program as we have had both feeds for a long time. And we get to pay slightly more for the privilege.

I was considering switching to Dish (as a new subscriber I would get a "free" HD installation where Direct wants big $$$) but losing both DNS feeds stopped me. We really like early Prime-Time TV!. Anything we watch is recorded on the DVR usually from the East coast feed (we are in the west). That way after dinner, we can watch our shows commercial free.

On an unrelated note - with so many of us shipping commercials the advertisers are moving towards "product placement" opportunities. Witness the Coke glasses on American Idol" and the Sprint phone event on Survivor. Soon there won't be formal commercial breaks, the entire TV show will be a commercial.
Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote