View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #11
JohnAprilandMeagan
Established Member

M.O.C. #5303
Rick, just last weekend I had the carrier low profile installed up in the front. Makes a world of difference as most have already said. I had hieght issues on my rig per the technician so I went with Carrier which is only 7.5 inches high which I was told was the shortest low profile available. Also, don't know if I got taken or not but the tech told me that the way the carrier is built (water runs out back) and because where the AC goes in the front on my rig where the roof actually slopes to the front towards it had to be installed actually turned around 180 degrees effectively putting the front towards the back and the back towards the front. Can't really tell the difference however inside or out as the height is so short (can hardly see it up there unless you really are looking for it pretty far from side of the trailer) and the control panel inside can go either way as air still comes out both sides and straight down (referred to as AC shower). Anyway am real happy with it, cools great, has only two speeds but actually cools better on low (air stays in cooling area longer) and a little loud at night on high. Unit has a self thermostat which seems to work just fine. Good luck with whichever you decide.
JohnAprilandMeagan is offline   Reply With Quote