View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Wow!

Thanks for all the kind welcoming words. To address some questions and provide more info, I was born in San Antonio Texas, but moved to the L.A. area when I was 10. My wife was born in Santa Monica, so she's a local girl. We've been married for only 34 years and I have been an avid camper (backpacking/hiking) since high school. After marrying and having our 2 kids (boy and girl) I converted to tent camping. Then as the kids got older and the females got less tough we bought a folding camper. We eventually graduated to a travel trailer after the kids moved out of the house and then finally when I retired in 2006 I bought the Montana.

All types of Camping is in my blood and with my Engineering background, camping tools, toys and gadgets are what I like. Even my backpacking gear impresses some. I don't leave too many conveniences behind and will typically have something for every situation that could arise. I have not run into a problem I could not fix (mostly for others' sake). I hate the problems but I love being able to solve them. But, mostly I love learning new things from the more experienced. Yup, I am a nerd and proud of it.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote