Thread: Freezer
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 07:06 AM   #15
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

I would google both of those freezers then find the dealer in your area. There are pro's and cons to both brands. The Avanti has a wider choice of front opening freezers which to us is easier to deal with as with the top opening Haier everything you want always seems to be at the bottom of the freezer.However as you know cold air is heavy and with the top opener the cold stays down in the freezer when you open it but with the front opener everytime you open the freezer the cold air spills out on the floor.Note at the super markets the reach down freezers have no doors...don't need them as the cold air stays put.We felt the the top opener was more suitable for the RV everything considered.
Never would have a front opener in the stick house, exactly for the reason you describe. And I would definitely do my research before purchasing either. I had a hard time convincing myself to buy the Avanti because of the tag on it which says, "Made in China". Hopefully it's better than some of the crap Keystone uses in it's RVs.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote