View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 11:28 AM   #14
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Hey Charlie,

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. I followed you on your other posts and was glad to hear you had an opportunity to regain existence! And taking the camper anywhere outside your own driveway is a real blessing.

Use your new experience to examine your own heart and soul and strive to use it to enrich your life and future experiences now. Don't think of it as a "loss". Rather, what you gained by this experience. Really, what you DID experience goes way farther and way deeper than just a car race! I think you discovered who you truly are and what really is important. Without crowds and excitement and energy going on around you, who are you, really! Congrats on finding yourself! But it's a bit scary too, isn't it?

I can say this from experience. Many, many years ago, I was a young and up-coming bachelor, proud as a peacock at my personal achievements, education, and worldly possessions. I had a few social friends, but other than family, my world consisted of all my possessions.... so proud, so arragont.

Then the house I lived in caught fire, and I lost everything, including my billfold and car and motorcycle keys. I got out of the house in my underware with a blanket wrapped around me, in 2 feet of snow. I pulled my motorcycle away from the house and just prayed the fire would not take the car. I had insurance on nothing.

When it was all over, a neighbor gave me a set of cloths to wear and I stayed a few days with a loosie-goosie-"friend". But for the first time in my life I had an awakening. I was truly set free, and horribly humbled. At that moment I learned what was truly important, and it wasn't in "things."

I very soon enlisted in the Army and my life took a different path. And to this very day, I remember that decisive moment that changed everything in my life .... for the better.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote