Thread: Solar power
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 12:43 PM   #13
artfuldodger
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10933
We have had solar for 4 years now and are almost comfortable with our setup. We have 480 watts on the roof, a 40 amp solar controller, and 4 6volt AGM batteries at 224 amp hrs each. Our inverter is a 3000 watt which is oversize because I got it (hardly) used. I also added a Trimetric power monitor. The wire from each panel is # 8 over to the bus, then # 6 down to the controller and on to the batts.
We run the coffee maker(Keurig) to make 6 cups a day, the toaster, the tv for 2 or 3 hrs a night and the microwave for short times. Occasionally my wife uses the Instant cooker in mid afternoon. Most days in Arizona or Mexico we're at 100% by 4 pm. We are expanding our system to 680 watts on the roof and adding 2 more of the same batts. Because not all days are totally sun so we want more charging capacity for the less sunny days. I installed the system myself after a lot of "homework". I brought the two # 6 wires down from the bus to the controller right alongside the bathroom roof vent. Ours is a 3720. I hope this helps.
artfuldodger is offline   Reply With Quote