View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 08:16 AM   #15
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapman View Post
I have for years been a ford guy until my 2008 F 350 6.4 diesel died with just a little over 100,000 miles. No more Ford for me !!! 2016 Ram Dually 6.7 diesel Asian tranny 4:10 rear end.

Of course, that means nothing to someone that's had 3 bad experiences with Dodge/Chrysler vehicles over a 15+yr period and none of them were near 100,000 miles, but we remained loyal to our local dealership nevertheless, until 2011. I've read that Ford did have some problems with their earlier diesel engines, but Ford didn't build those engines, a company named Navistar/International built them, actually since 1993. As you may recall, Navistar/International builds semis and diesel engines and you see them on all the interstate roads. That said, Ford experienced enough problems with Navistar over the years, that they severed ties with Navistar in early 2010 and then Ford hired some of the best diesel engineers from Cummins and IH to compliment their Ford engineers. Soon after, Ford came out with the million mile tested 6.7L diesel engine. It had so much more HP and torque, that they had to build a different transmission around it. When the 2011 Ford Superduty's were launched, all the diesel engines were the 6.7L diesel and Navistar was forever history. In less than four years, Ford had sold over 1/2 million 6.7L diesel trucks. Ford has continued to tweak the HP and torque, just like all the other engines manufacturers. It rivals anything Cummins or GM can offer. In addition, Ford is the only company the develops and manufactures all their diesel engines and transmissions in house. Dodge and GM can't say that!
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote