View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 01:17 AM   #3
328RLS
Established Member

M.O.C. #21344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosnowman View Post
So I had a B&W Hitch installed at the B&W Factory in Humboldt, KS. yesterday. The reason I point out the installation place is because I’m confident it has been installed properly. I am trying to remove it from my truck to put it in storage until I need it.

Here’s my problem...first I had a very hard time loosening the down bolt. Finally after a lot of torquing I was able to get it loose.

I was able to pull the release handle under the truck after bolt was loosened.

So I am ready to lift out of truck bed...not happening. It seems like it is cemented to the bed! I do have a new truck with a new linex liner. I called the factory and asked for any tips, or what the problem might be. The tech told me it is probably the thick powder coat on the hitch causing it to stick. He said after towing it should loosen up over time. He also suggested I slam the slider forward to see if it would break the seal. It didn’t work. Seems reasonable it would be a snug fit, but I need the use of my truck bed now. Has anyone else that purchased the B&W Slider had this problem? I couldn’t get it to budge. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I live 4 hours away from the factory so that idea is out. Thanks!
I installed a companion for a friend of mine and had the same issue. once the liner fully cured it was easy to remove.

after I loosened the center bolt and pulled the pin it wouldn't come out. The way I got it unstuck was by loosening the bolts that hold the rubber pads to the bottom of the hitch. Once I did that the hitch cam out and the pads came loose with a few light taps from a rubber mallet.

BTW I should have marked where the pads aligned on the hitch.......