View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 02:49 PM   #17
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
Well, the slide was leaking from the top seam corner. I learning that there Dicor tape used to seal the slide out top seam isn’t so great. It looked good from the surface but when I started peeling it up I could see that water has been running underneath it. The water came in at the top outer corner of the slide. I removed an L-shaped section of paneling—pretty much floor to ceiling to the left of the window, then to half way across the bottom of the window, and then the entire bottom foot of paneling. It has apparently been leaking for years. However once I opened it up, it dried fairly quickly.

I then finished removing the carpet from the entire slide out. I found that the floor was damp on the opposite side wall as well. The floor is still very solid however. Then I drilled four 1” inspection holes— three along the bottom about three inches up and then up higher up between the window and corner. The wall seems okay and doesn’t seem to be leaking from above so the floor is apparently damp from water soaking into the side of the floorboard.

The floor is all repaired. Now I just have to replace the wallboard on one side and patch the other side where I drilled holes and then paint it.

To prevent the water from soaking into the floor, has anyone installed those slide out skis? They seem a little pricey at $100 for a pair but if they prevent water seepage into the floor I guess they’re worth it.

I’m also thinking about using the ProCore plank flooring from Lowe’s.

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote