View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 05:58 AM   #11
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinaz View Post
Well, as it turns out, the floor in the slide out was 3/4” plywood, not 5/8 or 1/2. I ended up replacing about 16.5 inches on one end of it. Looking up into the wall of the slide out from the bottom, I could see that the inside of the wall has gotten wet. I can’t determine if the water leached up the wall from the floor or if the water came down the inside of the wall to the floor. I’m pretty sure it was from the floor, but I need to open up the interior wall for it to dry out. It appears that the interior wall board is glued to the aluminum studs . I kind of doubt that there’s a way to pull it from the studs without destroying it so I guess I’ll try to cut it between the studs and then somehow patch back in the pieces that I cut out.
I seriously doubt it wikked up that far. My guess is it either came from the top seam on the side where that molding is or around a window.

If I was you I would do like I stated any turn them on all them seams and joints along with resealing around the windows with silicone or pull them out and reseal them all together
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote