View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 05:04 PM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DrivesBGM

As retirees, I assume that some of you have company sponsored Medical and/or Dental Insurance and perhaps Prescription Drug Coverage. With my insurance, my coverage options and co-pays are determined by my mailing address. Do any of you find yourself in this position and what do you do about it?

Thanks,
Craig
Craig, do you know anyone who would let you use their address for the insurance purposes? You could still have a mail forwarding service elsewhere for everything else.

I'm guessing your coverage is a PPO or HMO where you have low or no deductibles and copay if you're in the service area and higher deducts and copays outside the area and have to go to a medical provider outside the network? I had the same situation but we also had an option for 'traditional' coverage that gives us the same deducts/copays at any place in the country so long as the provider participates with Blue Cross/Blue Shield in their state.

I retired from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas so carry that insurance. We arrange annual checkups in Kansas when we're back in the area. We get prescriptions renewed same way. When Vicki needed an antibiotic she called the Doctor's office. After listening and asking questions they called in a prescription to the Walmart where we were located at the time. We get Rx refills at any pharmacy participating with Blue Shield. We usually use Walmart and they just transfer the Rx. Any pharmacy can do the transfer, not just Walmart.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote