View Single Post
Old 07-25-2023, 10:25 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
When I first arrived at Pilot Mountain, I made the statement that "This mountain will either make me stronger or it will kill me." After 25 days of walking up and down this mountain, walking between 5 and 8 miles ever day, I think it's finally making me stronger! I ain't gonna die!

This morning I did another 5 (plus) mile hike with a change in elevation of about 600 feet. The total hike took a little over 3 hours. I left the campground and started up Grindstone trail, turned onto Ledge Spring trail (which is the trail that is along the rock climbing section of the park, and pretty rugged) and came out at on the Jomeokee Trail, back through the upper Pinnacle parking lot and by the overlooks, and caught the Grindstone trail at the top to go back all the way to the campground. Total walk, 5.5 miles. I did take a really good rest at the top, (the parking lot and overlooks area).

My two doggies did the entire walk with me. The new one is only 4 months old. He climbed those rocks and rock steps like a pro. Only the deepest steps did I have to lift him up to get over. (He's only about 5 inches tall.)

Here's some photos from this morning "walk."

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote