Thread: Door lock
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #11
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
I think the OP was relating a couple of things he had encountered and was helping us all out by telling what he did to resolve them. I am sure the issue with his and the odd other deadbolt is not significant enough to get all worked up about.

Now that those who read this forum are aware of the possibility, they need only put a Phillips screwdriver in the fork n knife drawer and they will have a means of escaping without using the emergency exits.

Rainer I think I got it, in forty years of RVing I have never locked myself inside my RV but will have the screwdriver handy and will use the exit if need be without the benefit of a practice run. I might mention I always open and hold any door so my wife can enter/exit first, that is the gentlemanly thing to do.

There are so many things in life that we worry about, why worry about something as MUNDANE as this.

Jimcol you might check at a metal supply place and get a length of aluminum square stock to make a new deadbolt. I have not seen how they work on the inside, just a thought.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote