View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 07:07 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I read and saw a setup that I thought was very clever but I don't remember where.

A person had a large sheet of that diamond plate pattern metal used for tool boxes and such. The piece was large enough to be one RV Tire, then stick away from there to fit BOTH generators. They had drilled holes into the plate and used longer screws to fasten the feet of the generators. Before setting up the trailer, they place the whole assembly (not sure how they moved both generators and the plate but that's for another topic), then drove the RV on top of the metal plate. The weight of the RV allegedly kept them secure. I don't recall but there was also discussion to attach a chain to the part of the plate behind the tire long enough to go up and over the axle. The goal of this setup was to make theft very difficult. I suppose for some this might do the trick if the plate is so long that one would have to put a jack on the plate to jack up the axle and therefore still not be able to remove the assembly.

I have a crude diagram but I am having difficulty getting it the correct size.

Unfortunately, this is a lot of work, but I'll bet it works since you can't unbolt the gennies from the plate cuz you can't get under the plate. I also don't know how all this metal would work long term under weather conditions.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote