Thread: R/C to RV
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
R/C to RV

I've been involved with R/C for many, many years. Because of my love of these toys I purchased my first TT(88 Holiday Rambler Alumalite XL)about 6 years ago. For over 20 years I have been racing R/C cars. Several years ago we started a traveling point series in Minnesota. We gather at one track every month(not in winter)for a weekend of racing camping and fun(some drinking may be involved also). I did the tent thing and hotels for a few years but that got old. I talked the DW into getting a cheap used TT(HR) and she started coming for the weekends as well. We also started doing a lot of camping. One thing lead to another and we bought or Montana a couple weeks ago. Our first trip out was to an R/C race in Duluth Minnesota. On the way home we stopped at a campground and stayed there for 3 days before making it home.

Back to R/C. My father and I started flying planes back in "79" when I was 15 years old. A few years later I started playing with cars. In "88" I started racing them. Both electric and nitro powered. Mainly off-road racing. About 10 years ago I started flying again. I don't fly much, but when I do I like 3D flying.
Never really had a desire for helo's and I learned long ago that toy boats require big boats to retreive them. Over the years I have met many wonderful poeple because of R/C and now I'm meeting more great poeple in the RV community.

John
woodtic is offline   Reply With Quote