View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 12:46 AM   #4
WMJourney
Established Member

M.O.C. #26193
Unfortunately Camping World is the "Walmart of RV Dealerships" (as I like to refer to them). They are high volume sales and high volume service. I could go on for days about how terrible they are. However, just like a Walmart, you have good ones and bad ones. The main driving force behind any of them is their store's GM. Although, even with a bad GM, if you know your way around the dealership and know what they're "infamous" for, you can get away with more than your average camper.

You have to stick to your guns when it comes to CW. Some of them will always try to "stick it to ya!" every chance they can. Do your homework first. Reach out to the manufacturer of the RV or the appliance you're having problems with. A lot of times they can walk you through the simple troubleshooting over the phone. Also, if you find that the quick-fix isn't working, have them recommend a service shop near you and go in prepared.

I worked over my local CW like Mike Tyson on Michael Spinks! Funny thing is, my salesman keeps in touch with me (he's not a fan but it's a job). He tells me that the GM uses my name as the type of customer to avoid! I love it. I got one heck of a deal and ticked him off in the process. Of course a couple of calls to their corporate office helped my case...especially when I compared their sales techniques to extortion (definitely not legal).

Watch out for CW and like AZ Traveler said, don't feel compelled to take it to the dealership you bought from. Believe it or not, I use Gander (yes, another Marcus Lemonis establishment) and they are right next door to CW. I like Gander because the GM makes all the difference. They are a phenomenal dealership with fantastic service.

I hope you stick to your guns and stop paying for things you shouldn't. Don't let them force you into paying for anything under warranty. Call corporate if you have to in order to get your way. Good luck.
WMJourney is offline   Reply With Quote