View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 11:31 AM   #24
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
The black covered cables are 120vac. One is for the 120vac 15 amp circuits in that slide and the other is 120vac 20 amp circuit for microwave only. On the inside wall/floor of the slideout should be a carpeted wood cover if you have a sofa next to the fridge. Inside that cover will be two devices that take the solid wire Romex lines and hook up to the black stranded cables that you see in the slide out wire carrier. On the other end of the black cables, inside by the fresh water tank you will find two more of these devices to hook up to the romex cables that run back to the power center breakers. On my t.v., the fridge power Rome's supplied 120vac to that kitchen gfi and also my tv on the rear wall. It could very well be the device for the 15 amp circuits was assembled "badly" and you are now seeing the result. This same type of device is used under the bed and has caused issues in the past for several folks on the forum. The connections on the device from stranded wire to solid romex wire can easily be seen through clear plastic covers on mine.
jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote