View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The test report was very informative to me but also raised more questions.There are still unknowns...We don't know if the lubricate gets into the fuel each one of use uses. We don't know if the cetane is added to the fuel we use. Checks of some stations in this area by the Ford dealer showed lower than acceptable cetane levels but they did not check for lubricity. we paid a great deal of money for this Diesel truck..are we throwing money away by useing the additive? To many unknowns. Sure it is covered by the Ford warranty but who wants to have their truck broke down 1 or 2K miles from home for who knows how long.We need to do everythibg we can do to keep the truck pulling the Montana all over the country trouble free..Both Ford dealers that we deal with said use a good additive..it won't hurt..now the question is ...which is the good additive. Mickey hit the nail on the head...No one knows for sure..yet..Can we take the chance while they are finding out???
My choice is to use a good aditive..as soon as I can determine which one that is. We been using PS Diesel Kleen..it is not in the top 9 but it is # 10 and on the positive side for lubricity.....Is that good enough????? so much to learn.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote