View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 01:25 PM   #73
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igoo65 View Post
Thank you everyone for your answers to my question. I didn't realize I had so many replies. The automated notification was turned off. To answer your questions, I have been towing my 3000RK with a 1994 Dodge 3500 flat bed with a Andersen hitch. The Dodge dropped the transmission a couple weeks ago and I have decided to upgrade to a new truck. I was just concerned with going to a short bed truck with an Anderson hitch and if I would have any issues. I love towing with the Andersen hitch. I have researched trucks endlessly and have decided on the Ford because it fits my needs the best.
Thanks again!
Igoo65
Good luck with your new truck! I think that you're going to really enjoy it! The new 2020's are beasts with the 10 speeds!

However, I think that we as a community actually failed you though, because I don't know that anyone actually answered your OP about how the 2020 Ford's work, clearance wise with the Andersen hitch.

Coming from a LB truck, you have not had to ever worry about contacting, and you just drove where you wanted to go, regardless of what was happening behind you. Without that same clearance (from one of the two methods above), you must be 100% attentive 100% of the time when turning.

If I were you, and I was changing trucks/setups like you are, I would go to a wide open space somewhere, and see what the "limits" BEFORE I'm in a situation where I test the limits, and lose...