View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 08:34 AM   #64
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post

I think we are on two different pages here. No argument on the 48" its simple math, as said I understand the math.

I understand you want 48" or more, I understand you need 90 degrees . What I don't understand is how you get that 48" , with a slider you can when slid back, or there is a bunch of difference in our trucks dimensions on center of axle to cab. Or you are simply mounting your hitch rear of axle.There is no way I want to tow a fifth wheel with the pin rear of the axle .
Ah, the beauty of forums, and not being able to sit down side-by-side and have a conversation.

You're correct, we were talking about two different things. Me, 48" clearance to cab, and you axle position with relation to the back of the cab.

With a short box truck, I agree with you that there is no truck (that I'm aware of) that gives you the 48" minimum clearance, without being behind the axle. A slider is in front of the axle when towing, and behind when turning, in the case of an automatic, and on manuals, provided you make the switch. If I'm getting a slider, I'm only considering autos for the never-have-to-worry-about-it-factor.

The 2020 GM's have the FACTORY centerline 2" BEHIND the axle, and I'm not for sure, but they may have also stretched the distance between the pivot (gooseball) and the cab too. I haven't had any I'll effects that I can tell from that positioning, but I have a 3500 SRW, and so it has the extra springs which may help compensate for that. Never having pulled with a 2020 2500, I can't say for sure.

It is refreshing to have a civil conversation. Thanks!!!
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote