View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rainer

Don't worry about the fumes, as I mentioned earlier, when you get a generator installed in your Monte, it's in the front compartment right below the bedroom.

I'd be more concerned that those Honda's get legs and walk away....
Propane generators are typically what is installed in the front compartments (with exhaust systems to take the exhaust fumes from beneath the rig) most likely since they are more efficient, therefore produce less CO than gasoline powered generators. Personally, I don't see a problem with running gasoline generators in the bed of the truck provided that they are not directly beneath the cap and the exhaust is pointed away from the rig and preferably downwind. Anything that produces CO is a danger and for evidence all you have to do is read the reports of CO poisoning from generators on boats, etc. where the CO detectors have been disabled. You should always worry about the fumes and make sure your CO detector is functional (if your battery runs dead, CO detector is dead!!). I believe they are primarily located in the bedroom area anyway, so any excess CO would activate your alarm. Diesel generators produce less CO than any other fuel type but tend to be a lot heavier. Used with caution, you should have no problems.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote